elisp question

From: stan
Subject: elisp question
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:53:38 -0400

Recently I had cause to go digging into ps-print.el (turned out to be
version problems in cygwin emacs) and I ran accross something I don't
understand. For the record I'm not by any means an elisp programmer but
I can usually at least read the code and do some simple things.

The line I don't think I understand is

(and (fboundp 'start-process) 0)

Actually that's a fragment of a larger expression. It looks to me like
this will always be nil. Is this some idiom I haven't seeen or is this
just a synonym fo nil?