Re: Recoverable File Deletion System

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: Recoverable File Deletion System
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:40:02 +1200

On 24/05/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
Since last year we have been trying to set up the Emacs 22.1 release
and not installing any new features.

We don't want to put in any Windows-only features, since our goal is
to eliminate proprietary systems, not enhance them.  However, if the
feature also works on GNU/Linux, then we might want to install it.

My system trashcan.el works on both Windows and Unix, but not other
operating systems like VMS etc.

You earlier sent me an email suggesting that I should remove all calls
to defadvice in my code.  I haven't done this yet.  There are some
other deficiencies in my code too.

I will only bother to improve my code if it is worth my time doing it,
i.e. if you specifically ask me to improve my code.

--
Davin Pearson    http://www.davinpearson.com