Re: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: Thomas Adamek
Subject: Re: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:42:20 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jun 22, 6:53 pm, Thomas Adamek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Nice idea, but there are some wrong linebreaks in it, that makes the
>> code not runnable.
>>
>> Do you have a download location too?
>
> I uploaded it to EmacsWiki: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/anything.el

Fine, now it works and I must say: I like it.
Good idea, good job!

But the "File Name History" is not working in my system:
,----
| ((heading . "File Name History")
| (candidates . file-name-history)
| (action . find-file))
`----
I had to comment it, to get the code working.

It would be nice to configure the "Current Directory". It's always my
home-Directory but it would be useful to get my Documents-Directory
there.
Another thing is, pressing Return on a directory opens the Dired-Mode and
the advatages of "anything" are gone. Isn't possible to open the new
directory with "anything"?

Thomas

--
Published by a Mac Mini, 1,66 Ghz Intel Core Duo
with GNU Emacs 22.0.97.1 (i386-apple-darwin8.9.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0)