Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:39:54 -0700

On Jun 22, 8:42 pm, Thomas Adamek <address@hidden> wrote:

> But the "File Name History" is not working in my system:
> ,----
> | ((heading . "File Name History")
> | (candidates . file-name-history)
> | (action . find-file))
> `----
> I had to comment it, to get the code working.

It's probably because it's empty. Try opening a file first, so that
file-name-history is non-nil and then try M-x anything. It should work
then.

I'll look into it. BTW, I suggest using savehist.el It's really handy.
The problem didn't occur for me because of it.

> It would be nice to configure the "Current Directory". It's always my
> home-Directory but it would be useful to get my Documents-Directory
> there.
> Another thing is, pressing Return on a directory opens the Dired-Mode and
> the advatages of "anything" are gone. Isn't possible to open the new
> directory with "anything"?

Well, the default value of anything-sources is purely an example. The
set of candidates M-x anything shows is a matter of personal
preference, so you can configure it to show anything you want and
perform any action you want.