Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:21:08 -0300

address@hidden wrote:
This is a prototype for an idea I've been contemplating for a while.
When I want to open something I often find it cumbersome that I have
to specify *what* I want to open. Why not just type something and
emacs show me everything it can offer (configurable) and I simply
select something and let emacs worry about how to open it (files,
buffers, manual pages, etc.).

This package provides a single command (M-x anything) and as I type
the results are shown in a structured format. No need to tell emacs
first I want to switch to a buffer, open a file or a manual page. See
the commentary in the header.

Let me know what you think.

Cool!!

Is (require 'cl) really necessary?

I didn't see all code, but dolist is now located in subr.el.

Vinicius