Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 09:42:29 -0700

On Jun 23, 10:05 am, William Xu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe this is not that necessary? Especially when those different
> sources don't share a same element. When it does happen, we can add some
> suffixes alike to identify each. e.g., foo<woman>, foo<buffer>.

It was not hard to implement it, so I added it and uploaded the new
version to Emacs Wiki.

The ido example on Emacs Wiki didn't work (the candidates were not
shown), so I used iswitchb instead, but the interface is very similar
AFAIK. There is a new command M-x anything-iswitch.

Note that the heading is appended to the end of each candidate, so
give shorter names for practical purposes (buf instead Buffers, man
instead of Manual Pages, etc.). Heading names are mandatory. In the
current implementation they cannot be empty and they must be unique.