Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:37:19 +0200

Hi,

I started using anything.el today and really enjoy it. Nevertheless
there're some things that could be better.

  - Use a custom face for the headlines in the *anything* buffer. I saw
    that was mentioned earlier and I'm ok with the "first functionality,
    then eye-candy" approach.

  - Add an attribute that forbids removing elements that don't match the
    pattern. I want to add a source for the tracker desktop search, but
    files that contain the text "foo" probably don't have "foo" in their
    name and won't be displayed with the current implementation.

    Here's the snipped:

        ((name . "Tracker Search")
         (candidates . (lambda ()
                         (split-string
                          (shell-command-to-string
                           (concat "tracker-search " anything-pattern
         (type . file)
         (requires-pattern . 3)
         (delayed))

What do you think?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris has a deep and  abiding respect for human life... unless it
gets in his way.