Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:24:15 -0400

    There are plenty of people who pay for cable service instead of funding
    their own cable lines, yet, your argument could be turned on them and be
    stated,

Perhaps you have misunderstood what our arguments are.

Cables and software are very different.  You can copy software with
your computer, but you can't copy cables with it.  You can also edit
software with your computer, but you can't edit cables.

Our arguments about the freedom to copy and change software are based
on the nature of what can be done with software.  They don't apply to
cables at all.