Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: billclem
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 20:08:15 -0000

Hi Tamas,

On Aug 3, 10:38 am, "address@hidden"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried it and it didn't work for me  either. :)

Aha, very sneaky way to check whether anyone had tried out the
code! ;-)

> I left a bug in it
> which I now fixed. It should work now.
>
> I uploaded it to Emacs Wiki temporarily until Tassilo decides if it's
> worthy of inclusion into anything-config.el

I tried out the code on Emacs Wiki and I'm not sure if it's working
the way I thought it would work. For example, I selected a number of
different files from the file history and this is the contents of the
anything-adaptive-history variable:

(("File Name History"
  ("~/lisp/emacs/site-lisp/anything.el"
   ("anyt" . 2)
   ("" . 2))
  ("~/lisp/emacs/site-lisp/anything-config.el"
   ("anyt" . 4)
   ("" . 4))
  ("~/.emacs"
   ("" . 1)))
 ("Buffers"
  ("anything.el"
   ("" . 1))))

The last file I selected with a search pattern of "anyt" was
anything.el (with a count of 2 times using that pattern) but the file
I've selected most frequently is anything-config.el (with a count of 4
times using that pattern) so I would have thought that anything-
config.el would show up first when I call up anything and enter a
pattern of "anyt". However, this is what I get:

File Name History
1 - ~/list/emacs/site-lisp/anything.el
2 - ~/list/emacs/site-lisp/anything-config.el
3 - ~/list/emacs/site-lisp/anything.el
4 - ~/list/emacs/site-lisp/anything-config.el
5 - ~/list/emacs/site-lisp/anything.el
6 - ~/.anything_adaptive_history
7 - ~/list/emacs/site-lisp/anything-config.el
etc.

Is it still not working correctly or did I misunderstand what was
intended?

- Bill