Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:16:13 -0700

Hi,

On Aug 3, 11:28 pm, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> So if you remove the duplicate functions that would solve all problems
> for us.  Could you please copy functions that are needed by
> `anything-sources', e.g.  `anything-buffer-list' from anything-config?

The only function was anything-buffer-list, and I copied it into
anything-sources with a lambda.

> I'm not sure, but I think that's the only one.  My version puts the
> current buffer to the back of the list, so that you can easily switch
> between two buffers without any keys except invoking anything and RET
> (assuming the buffer source comes first).

I already used my simpler version in anything.el, but it shouldn't
matter, since any serious user should consult the configs in anything-
config anyway.

> I'll upload a new anything-config.el in 5 minutes that has a correctly
> working eval-after-load to ensure that anything is loaded after
> anything-config.  Everything should work fine when the functions that
> are duplicated are removed from anything.el.

The new version is uploaded to emacs wiki.

BTW, shouldn't all symbols (except those overwriting anything.el
values) in anything-config be prefixed with anything-config- instead
of simply anything- ?

If they had been then functions wouldn't have overdefined each other
in the first place and it could prevent possible clashes of symbols in
the future.

/Tamas