Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:08:49 +0200

Bill Clementson <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bill,

> Just another small point - you use process-file-shell-command in
> doc-view.el but that command is only available in recent CVS emacs and
> not in 22.1. You might want to consider using process-file instead.

No, that's not possible.  `process-file' wants a PROGRAM whereas
`process-file-shell-command' accepts a whole command line.  Because the
somewhat strange order dvipdfm accepts its aruments it seems to be not
doable with `process-file' and its arguments.

But I can use `shell-command' (and I do it now).

BTW: We really should move the discussion to gnu.emacs.help now.

Bye,
Tassilo