on-the-fly language parsing - flyparse-mode

From: Aemon
Subject: on-the-fly language parsing - flyparse-mode
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:10:13 -0000

Hi all,

I've been working on an emacs minor-mode for consuming externally-
generated syntax trees: flyparse-mode.
http://code.google.com/p/flyparse-mode/
The goals overlap a bit with those of the Semantic project, but I am
trying to take a lazier approach. All the parsing is done in child
processes (currently supporting javascript, css and actionscript (all
implemented in ANTLR)). The elisp portion of the project is totally
language-agnostic - just loads the trees, keeps them up to date, and
provides an interface for querying them.

I'm hoping it will be a useful tool for language mode authors/hackers
(I use it in my day job hacking actionscript 3).

Cheers,
Aemon