Emacs' AlsaPlayer

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Emacs' AlsaPlayer
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:37:04 +0200

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce Emacs' AlsaPlayer (EAP) version 0.11.

 EAP PLAYS MUSIC WITHOUT JOLTS

EAP is an Emacs interface to AlsaPlayer, a free ogg/mp3 player.  At just
under 600 lines of code it's an extremely lightweight, yet feature-full
interface.

EAP has three unique features:

 * Music Without Jolts
 * Global control of your music (no need to switch buffers)
 * Unlimited playlists (implemented as directories of symbolic links)

Music Witout Jolts?

  Anything that would otherwise affect the smooth flow of the music is
  'wrapped' in a gradual.. volume... fade....

I won't say any more because I'm already simply repeating information
that can be found here:

 http://sebyte.org/eap.html

This is the first time I've released something that actually does
something (and hopefully does it well) so any and all feedback is most
welcome.

Sebastian