Re: shell-command-queue.el

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: shell-command-queue.el
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:11:02 +0100

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Very interesting but did you know eev ? eev does this and many more
> things. It even has something to do demo and presentation.

Yes, I tried it not long ago and really liked the main ideas, but for
some reason I removed it. Maybe it was the default key bindings
installed that annoyed me (yes, I know how to change them), or maybe
there was some limitation, I don't remember exactly.

I even abandoned shell-command-queue.el yesterday in favor of generating
shell scripts from Emacs and executing them from a normal
shell... Still, I think the idea of being able to execute a sequence of
asynchronous programs/commands from Emacs is useful. However, if there
is need for a package to do this or if it is enough to make people use
`set-process-sentinel', I'm not really sure. There is already the `tq'
package for transaction queues.

Thanks for the pointer though.

/Mathias