Re: uuid.pl

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: uuid.pl
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:03:34 +0200

   () Xavier Maillard <address@hidden>
   () Mon, 14 Apr 2008 02:00:07 +0200

         > This will not work, because parentheses are mismatched.

         Sorry, copy-paste error. I'll throw it in SVN instead and
         just post a pointer to that.

      That's not something acceptable here. For such a small source
      code, you should try to include it in you mail message or your
      message is useless and off topic for this mailing list.

      As, for one, do not want to have to shoot a web browser to read
      code.

   now now, errors are always acceptable, at least on first
   blush;

You misunderstand my wording. I did not mean the OP could not
make errors. I am human, I make errors too (hopefully I am not
perfect).

What I dislike is the "I'll throw it in SVN instead and just post
a pointer to that." part. This list is not a bookmark list where
one send pointer to the code (if the code is small enough to fit
in a e-mail message).

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org