google.el updated to use Google's AJAX search API

From: Edward O'Connor
Subject: google.el updated to use Google's AJAX search API
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:36:04 -0700

Hi all,

Years ago I published google.el, which was built on the since-deprecated
Google SOAP search API. Google's replacement search API was, until
recently, unsuitable for non-JavaScript environments like Emacs, so I
let google.el get stale.

Google's recently revved their AJAX search API to work in non-JavaScript
contexts, so I've updated google.el to use it instead of the old SOAP
API.

As always, the latest version may be found here:

                http://edward.oconnor.cx/elisp/google.el

Share and Enjoy!

Ted