Re: man-completion.el

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: man-completion.el
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 09:43:27 +1000

Martin Fischer <address@hidden> writes:

> woman ...  which has such a feature already ?

Yep, remarks in the file.  In fact I put up the defadvice on the wiki
for pressing it into service on M-x man.

    (defadvice man (before my-woman-prompt activate)
      (interactive (progn
                     (require 'woman)
                     (list (woman-file-name nil)))))

The better question would actually be why not iman.el! :-) ... in the
end I found neither to be exactly what I wanted.

Roland Winkler <address@hidden> writes:

> it would make sense if both genders could share such code,

There's normally a subtle difference in that man parses the pages for
aliases (lexgrog), so its database has the occasional extra.

(I guess further discussion to gnu-emacs-help rather than here ...)