Re: auto-dictionary (1.0.1) -- automatic dictionary switcher for flyspel

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: auto-dictionary (1.0.1) -- automatic dictionary switcher for flyspell
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:31:41 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> That is a nice package, however it seems not to work with Xemacs,
> while byte compiling it I obtain:
>  ** the function ispell-valid-dictionary-list is not known to be
>     defined.
>
> When I load your package and start the mode, xemacs gets stacked.

I'm not sure what you mean by stacked.  The message appears to be just a
compilation warning, as I don't use the function unless its defined.

> Which version of ispell are you using, in which version this function
> is supposed to be introduced.

I'm using whatever comes with Emacs 22.  git blame tells me it was
originally checked-in 2003-05-22 by Stefan Monnier.
It appears to be in ispell 3.7 beta[1] also.

I've also taken the trouble and installed XEmacs ("21.4 (patch 21)") and
didn't run into any problems.  Unfortunately that's where my expertise
in XEmacs ends...

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

[1] http://www.kdstevens.com/stevens/ispell-page.html