cal-china-plus.el

From: Leo
Subject: cal-china-plus.el
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:05:34 +0000

Hi there,

This is not another package to customise the appearance of Emacs
calendar for Chinese taste. Instead, it provides the following essential
features:

Key         Command
iCa     diary-chinese-insert-anniversary-entry
iCd     diary-chinese-insert-entry
iCm     diary-chinese-insert-monthly-entry
iCy     diary-chinese-insert-yearly-entry

In Chinese Culture, birthday is celebrated on the Chinese date and
usually not on the gregorian date. Thus, when in 08 Nov 2008 Emacs
calendar failed utterly to notify me the birthday of one of my best
friends while I was travelling in China, I realised the practical
importance of such a package.

To use this package:
(require 'cal-china-plus)
(add-hook 'diary-nongregorian-listing-hook 'diary-chinese-list-entries)
(add-hook 'diary-nongregorian-marking-hook 'diary-chinese-mark-entries)

An example of diary entries:

C1 一月 2009 enquire after every family member
C15 *  Telephone Mom
%%(diary-chinese-anniversary 11 3 2006) Grandma died

Bye,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

        Use the better alternative -- http://www.openoffice.org/