mongolian-cyrillic input method

From: jcg . sturdy
Subject: mongolian-cyrillic input method
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 05:09:41 -0800 (PST)

;;; mongolian.el --- mongolian input method

;; Copyright (C) 2008  John Sturdy

;; Author: John Sturdy <address@hidden>

;; This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
by
;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option)
;; any later version.

;; This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the

;; along with GNU Emacs; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
;; the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth
Floor,
;; Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

;;; Commentary:

;; According to the layout diagrams available from the OLPC project,
;; and others, the Mongolian Cyrillic keyboard layout is quite, but
;; not completely, different from the Russian one.

;; Because my keyboard (US-style) doesn't have a printing character
;; key to the right of "=+", I've transferred that letter to "`~"
;; (i.e. the other end of the same row).  I'd welcome comment and
;; corrections from a regular Mongolian computer user.

;; Note:

;; I wrote this at an early stage of learning Mongolian, so that I
;; could use it for making grammar notes, etc.  It should be checked
;; by someone who is accustomed to typing in Mongolian!

;;; Code:

(quail-define-package
 "mongolian-cyrillic" "Mongolian" "MN" nil
 "Mongolian computer layout"
 nil t t t t nil nil nil nil nil t)

;; Keyboard diagram from OLPC:
;;  1! 2" 3№ 4; 5% 6: 7? 8* 9( 0) Е-_ Щ=+ ё
;;   Ф  Ц  У  Ж  Э  Н  Г  Ш  ү  З  К  Ъ
;;    Й  Ы  Б  ө  А  Х  Р  О  Л  Д  П \|
;;     Я  Ч  Ё  С  М  И  Т  Ь  В  Ю  .,

;;; This is "russian-computer", for comparison
;;  1! 2" 3№ 4; 5% 6: 7? 8* 9( 0) -_ =+ ёЁ
;;   Й  Ц  У  К  Е  Н  Г  Ш  Щ  З  Х  Ъ
;;    Ф  Ы  В  А  П  Р  О  Л  Д  Ж  Э
;;     Я  Ч  С  М  И  Т  Ь  Б  Ю  .,

(quail-define-rules