multi-mode.el update and multi-comment.el example

From: Dave Love
Subject: multi-mode.el update and multi-comment.el example
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:23:04 +0000

This is an update of my multi-mode editing support.  It's mainly to
provide a proper fix for lossage with AUCTeX which I thought was in the
version I was distributing.  It also attempts to support modes with
fontification-functions other than jit-lock, but that probably isn't
very useful -- see the commentary about nXML.  There are still problems
with it that need changes in Emacs as far as I can tell, but it works
reasonably well for Haskell+LaTeX literate programming, my main
application.

There's also a simple example, multi-comment.el (a poor name?), for
editing programming language comments in text mode.