Re: async-eval 0.1 -- execute Emacs lisp in a separate process

From: Marc Tfardy
Subject: Re: async-eval 0.1 -- execute Emacs lisp in a separate process
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:23:38 +0100

Nikolaj Schumacher schrieb:

> Since Emacs isn't capable of multi-threaded lisp, I've played around
> with executing large background tasks in a separate process and
> returning the results.
>
> The code is attached and also available from:
> http://nschum.de/src/emacs/async-eval/
>

> If anybody has a "real world" use for this, please let me know.

I have currently no use for call Emacs Lisp from Emacs Lisp, but a very
need for a solution for call Emacs Lisp from C++ as "script language"
for our plugin-system at firm where I work.

> I'd also appreciate any comments and ideas.

Even though personally I have no use for async-eval I can imagine that
your code may be useful extension to Emacs. Perhaps with possibility to
access Emacs on other machines over network?

regards
Marc