Re: doc-mode 0.2 -- convenient editing of in-code documentation

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: doc-mode 0.2 -- convenient editing of in-code documentation
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:07:54 -0600

>>>>> "Nikolaj" == Nikolaj Schumacher <address@hidden> writes:

Nikolaj> doc-mode allows easy creation and editing of JavaDoc or
Nikolaj> Doxygen comment blocks in your code.

Nikolaj> It should also be available through ELPA
Nikolaj> (http://tromey.com/elpa/) soon.

Nikolaj> ;; This mode requires the Semantic package to be installed and running:
Nikolaj> ;; http://cedet.sourceforge.net/

This blocks uploading doc-mode to ELPA.

My usual rule is that if a package has dependencies, then those ought
to be in ELPA before the package can go in.  My reason for this rule
is that it provides the best experience to ELPA users: ideally, if you
install a package, it ought to just work.

I've looked at packaging CEDET before, but it is not trivial and the
maintainer did not seem very interested.  If someone else wants to
tackle it, though, I'm open to that :-)

Tom