Re: company 0.3 -- extensible inline text completion mechanism

From: Ralf Schmitt
Subject: Re: company 0.3 -- extensible inline text completion mechanism
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:25:19 +0200

Nikolaj Schumacher <address@hidden> writes:

> Company is a modular completion mechanism.
>
> This version adds:
>
> - options to require correct input and to automatically
> complete on certain characters (like ";", "(", etc.)
>
> - functions for quickly starting custom completion from elisp
> (company-begin-with)
>
> - abbrev and tempo back-ends (including expansion)
>
> - Xcode project index back-end.

and what I have been missing the most:
the ability to only start completion after certain commands
(e.g. self-insert-command).

Unfortunately this only works when I set company-idle-delay to t:
(setq company-begin-commands '(self-insert-command)
      company-idle-delay t)

If I change company-idle-delay to 0.5 completion does not start.

Thank you very much for your work on this package,
- Ralf