Re: perl-quote.el v.1

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: perl-quote.el v.1
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:54:20 +1000

Ilya Zakharevich <address@hidden> writes:

> I would find the opposite conversion more often useful...

It's there too :).  Incidentally even when there's no backslashing to
de-mangle I quite like having the two quotes changed in one keystroke.

>> Parens are added for __ and N__ because __'' doesn't work, a
>> quote there is the old-style package name separator, it must be
>> __('').
>
> Do not know: would not SPACE (instead of parens) be a better alternative?

Personal preference no doubt :).  When I started it I think I found
parens clearer, and I don't think I knew __ was prototyped.  N__ might
be prototyped only in the next upcoming Locale::TextDomain, which could
be a compatibility consideration if still using an older one.