Xemacs compatibility (was: pointback.el 0.1 -- Restore window points whe

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Xemacs compatibility (was: pointback.el 0.1 -- Restore window points when returning to buffers)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:43:15 +0200

>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Triska <address@hidden> writes:

   > Project page:

   >    http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0225855/pointback/pointback.html

Hi tanks for this code it looks quite interesting.
When I try to compile it under Xemacs 21.4.21 Mule I obtain.

While compiling the end of the data:
  ** the function define-globalized-minor-mode is not known to be defined.

The problem is Xemacs uses quite an old easy-mmode.el

    -  Marcus: do you really need that function?

    -  Xemacs team, can't we upgrade easy-mmode? Or do you we have an
       gpl 3 issue here? I just tried to use easy-mmode from GNU emacs
       22.1 and can't compile it since I obtain
  ** the function set-char-table-parent is not known to be defined.
And that seems to be an built in C function :'(
any ideas what to do?

Uwe Brauer