ffap-makefile-vars.el -- expand $(FOO)

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: ffap-makefile-vars.el -- expand $(FOO)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:21:30 +1100

This couple of lines gets M-x ffap to expand $(FOO) macros in makefiles
(per the todo list in the ffap.el commentary).  The way it hooks into
ffap is nasty (like my other ffap bits!), but the effect is good.

Gnu make assignment forms are recognised, but their special behaviours
like += for concatenating aren't yet followed, since so far I only use
it on very basic makefiles.