Re: gtranslate.el --- google translation

From: tavernier . bruno
Subject: Re: gtranslate.el --- google translation
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:19:47 +0900

Dear list members,

Attached to this mail, an updated version of gtranslate.el (bug fixes mainly).
AFAIK, it works only with GNU Emacs 23.x

For more featured packages and Xemacs users considers other solutions:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/TextTranslator
git clone git://github.com/juergenhoetzel/babel.git

At Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:09:43 -0500,
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> What we do is called "free software".

Thanks for pointing out. Although, I follow the free software movement
for a hand of years already, I mistook. Shame on me :-(

> Google translation suffers from a problem: it is Software as
> a Service.

I totally, agree.
Without being paranoid, I much prefer to use dictionaries located on
my server or on my desktops.
However, for bulk  translations - i.e. full sentences - it is currently
difficult to do otherwise.
Although overkill and probably memory intensive, I wish I could run such
a service on my own machines.

> I'm writing an article about why that is a bad thing for
> users' freedom.

Eager to read it!

Merci,

Bruno