a emacs mode for editing BBCode

From: Xah Lee
Subject: a emacs mode for editing BBCode
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 06:34:56 -0800 (PST)

Announcing a major mode for editing BBCode.

• Emacs xbbcode-mode For Editing BBCode
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/xbbcode-mode.html

A bit background.

 Second Life website https://www.xstreetsl.com/ uses BBCode for
merchant's advertisement. I got tired editing my item listing that
shows BBCode in plain text without syntax coloring. I searched the web
found 1 single BBCode mode for emacs but it didn't work. So i wrote
one.

The xbbcode-mode is pretty simple. It does syntax coloring of BBCode's
tags, and has a function that lets you insert any tags such as [b]
something[/b].

Happy Holidays,

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/