Re: Sunrise Commander: Version 4 released.

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Sunrise Commander: Version 4 released.
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:36:50 +0100

>>>>> "José" == José A Romero L <address@hidden> writes:

    José> Hello, Emacs Community!  After almost a whole year of work, I'm
    José> releasing version 4 of the Sunrise Commander file manager for GNU
    José> Emacs.  Here is a list of the most important and noteworthy changes
    José> made since version 3 (r170) was first published:

    José> MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS:

    [...]

    José> As usually, enjoy ;-) Any contributions, suggestions or comments will
    José> be very welcome.

Hi,

thanks for your work, I really love sunrise-commander.

I'm wondering if the new version still supports the "sunrise-x-loop" extension.

This is what I tried after failing with my normal configuration:

Start a fresh emacs with "emacs23 -Q"

Put

(require 'sunrise-commander)
(require 'sunrise-x-loop)

in the *scratch* buffer, evaluate the buffer and call "sunrise" (both files are
in my load path).

Choosing a big file and trying to copy it in the background:

Pressing

        C-u C

leads to emacs asking me if I want to copy the file *in the background*, but
after accepting, my emacs is unresponsive till the copying is done.

    José> Cheers, and Happy 2010!

Thx mate. All the best for 2010.

Toto

--