auto-install.el - multi-file async elisp installer

From: rubikitch
Subject: auto-install.el - multi-file async elisp installer
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:30:54 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

auto-install.el is a simple Emacs Lisp installer.
It downloads/saves/byte-compiles elisp file(s) automatically.
I developed install-elisp.el, and auto-install.el is 100% compatible with it.
The difference is that auto-install works asynchronously,
while we have to wait while downloading with install-elisp.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/auto-install.el

Add the following to your ~/.emacs:
 (require 'auto-install)
 (setq auto-install-directory "~/.emacs.d/auto-install/")
 (auto-install-update-emacswiki-package-name t)
 (auto-install-compatibility-setup)

M-x install-elisp URL
M-x install-elisp-from-emacswiki foo.el
M-x install-elisp-from-gist gistid-or-url

--
M-x auto-install-batch downloads multiple files for some packages.
For example, `M-x auto-install-batch anything' installs fullset of anyting.el.

--
rubikitch