Re: ioccur incremental occur

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: ioccur incremental occur
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 14:38:42 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:05:01 +0100 Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> TV> find here ioccur, a clone of occur but incremental.
>
> TV> It have his own history, empty when you will start of course.
>
> You may want to enable next-error functions in the ioccur mode.  See
> the occur, grep, or compile modes in Emacs for examples.  Basically this
> is so users can bind keys to next-error and previous-error and then move
> between ocurrences in various modes in a consistent way.

Thanks to point me on that, however ioccur is different of occur:

It can destroy the ioccur-buffer after a search.

When keeping buffer, the ioccur-buffer are named, so you can have more
than one ioccur-buffer, each ioccur-buffer dedicated to a particular
buffer.

If i bind the next-error system in ioccur, i imagine it will recall
only the search made in the last ioccur-buffer recorded, so i wonder if
it is really useful?
But maybe i am wrong, anyway i will think at it.

BTW version 1.3 is available, no more features, only bugfix, find it
attached here for commodity, and also here as usual:

hg clone http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/ioccur
For development version:
hg update -C development

--