Re: gmail-notifier.el v0.1 --- Notify unread gmail on mode line

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: gmail-notifier.el v0.1 --- Notify unread gmail on mode line
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:04:35 +0800

address@hidden (J. David Boyd) writes:

   I get this when I run this, using my username and password:

   error in process sentinel: `curl -s --user "myusername:mypassword"
   https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom' failed: 60

Error 60 means: (from curl)

,----
| 60     Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.
`----

What does it say if you execute this on terminal?

,----
| curl --user "myusername:mypassword" https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom'
`----

It might be curl's problem.  What is your version? Here is mine:

,----[ curl --version ]
| curl 7.19.7 (universal-apple-darwin10.0) libcurl/7.19.7 OpenSSL/0.9.8l
zlib/1.2.3
| Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
| Features: GSS-Negotiate IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
`----

   Do I need to configure something in my gmail account?   I don't recall
   having an atom feed available from it....

I don't think so.  The atom feed is provided by google itself, i think
it is also being used by its own gmail notifier.

--
William

http://xwl.appspot.com