XDG Base Directory Specification library (v. 0.1.1)

From: Francisco Miguel Colaço
Subject: XDG Base Directory Specification library (v. 0.1.1)
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 11:59:01 +0100

  Friends,

  I have made a small library called xdg-paths.el (now that I think of
it, it should have been called xdg-dirs), that I use extensively in
my .emacs
  This library defines several directories (user-emacs-config-directory,
for example) where the user emacs-related files can be stored.  It also
defines convenience functions to locate them, like
locate-user-config-file or locate-user-lisp-file, and functions that will
add lisp files located within user-emacs-lisp-directory to load-path.
  As I had stale code in the previous version, please regard this as a
style-fix revision instead of a bug-fix revision.
  Please consider adding the library to the standard emacs distribution,
as soon as it is reviewed and improved by the list members and emacs
developers.

  Best wishes,

    Francisco Colaço

--