Re: Cut and paste to Linux console

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Cut and paste to Linux console
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:02:21 -0400

> I'd like to cut and paste between X-windows and EMACS in a Linux
> console (as in a Ctrl-Alt-F1 console). I put together the following
> small hack, which seems to work for my environment. But my question
> is, surely this has been done before? But I can't find it. Can anyone
> point me to a better way?

There's xclip.el.
Also, you might be able to do it without an external program: let Emacs
itself open a discrete connection to the X server (you can only create
such a connection by creating a frame on that display, but you can make
that frame invisible; see server-select-display for an example) and
query/set the clipboard.

        Stefan