Re: Cut and paste to Linux console

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Cut and paste to Linux console
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:33:59 +1100

chipschap <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to cut and paste between X-windows and EMACS in a Linux
> console (as in a Ctrl-Alt-F1 console). I put together the following
> small hack, which seems to work for my environment. But my question
> is, surely this has been done before?

I use a daemon to paste from X to gpm, or rather listen for a button
press using gpm and paste into the console ioctl.  Works into anything
on the console, such as a shell prompt etc.  In Emacs must turn off
gpm-mouse-mode so it doesn't take over the normal gpm operation.

http://user42.tuxfamily.org/x2gpm/index.html