ascii-art-to-unicode.el 1.3 available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: ascii-art-to-unicode.el 1.3 available
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 18:11:43 +0200

Greetings earthlings,

This release rectifies the wrong-eyed 1.2 handling of the cons tree at:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2013-01/msg00377.html

(try it!), and adds singleton ‘?+’ neighbor support.  Additionally,
readers of source code will note a shift from string slinging to (more)
symbolic operation, as foreshadowed in the previous release.  Things are
still stuck in ‘LIGHT’-only for now, but we have plans... bwahahahaha!

To deflect questions about ascii-art-to-unicode.el (or the recently
announced mic-paren.el, which shares the same concerns) entering ELPA: i
don't think it's time yet, mostly because of ‘flet’ usage (warned as
"obsolete" under GNU Emacs 24.3) and all the related cl.el / cl-lib.el
hassle.  That said, i appreciate greatly that ELPA is under Git now.

Maybe some day i'll find the energy to put on the portability yoke,
which i had mistakenly thought never would be a (significant) issue for
Emacs, to my belatedly realized woe...

NEWS excerpt:

  - bug fixed: ‘?+’ neighbor valuation polarity flipped
  - new support for BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT {UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT} (singleton)

Home page:

  http://www.gnuvola.org/software/j/aa2u/

Solicitation to support aa2u (and other Free Software) development:

  http://www.gnuvola.org/patronage.html

Source code:

Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502
   (if you're human and you know it)
      read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical)