ascii-art-to-unicode.el 1.7 available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: ascii-art-to-unicode.el 1.7 available
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 14:37:27 +0200

Greetings earthlings,

Please find at GNU ELPA version 1.7 of ascii-art-to-unicode.el:

 http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ascii-art-to-unicode.html

(It might take a day or two to show up, actually.)  In the meantime,
i neglected to announce 1.5 (which was buggy) and 1.6, so here's the
NEWS for all three releases:

 - 1.7 | 2014-05-11
   - new var: ‘aa2u-uniform-weight’
   - new command: ‘aa2u-rectangle’
   - HACKING and Tip Jar links in Commentary

 - 1.6 | 2014-05-09
   - fix regression for interactive invocation w/o active region

 - 1.5 | 2014-04-03
   - ‘aa2u’ takes args BEG and END

Kind of weird that ‘aa2u-rectangle’ did not appear earlier, no?
I mean, rectangles are the bread and butter of ASCII art, right?!

Thanks go to "first time" (to ascii-art-to-unicode.el) contributor
Andreas Schwab for cl-fu smoothing.

BTW, the Tip Jar machinery is all new and untested, so if you run
into any problems (or want to squash the whole idea by throwing me a
software programmer or technical writer gig :-D), please let me know.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502