Re: [GNU ELPA] python version 0.25.2

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] python version 0.25.2
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 16:22:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 6:57:05 AM UTC+10, ELPA update wrote:
> Version 0.25.2 of GNU ELPA package python has just been released.
> You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
>
> More at http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/python.html

Tried to load into my Emacs (windows 24.5) and received a lisp-error:
(invalid-read-syntax "?")

On this statement:

(defconst python--prettify-symbols-alist
  '(("lambda"  . ?λ)

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I copied the python.el from the web-page
referenced and pasted it into my Emacs session.

Thanks
Peter