[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[GNU ELPA] Org-Remark version 1.0.4
[GNU ELPA] Org-Remark version 1.0.4
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 05:02:58 -0500
Version 1.0.4 of package Org-Remark has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
Org-Remark describes itself as:
Highlight & annotate any text files
More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/org-remark.html
- fix: "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil" on highlightintg in scratch
- fix #23: "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil" on org export
- fix:#22: highlights not found when marginalia does not show all
- Update README, user manual, and doc strings in source
- Update user manual
- chg: align with GNU convention: path -> file name
Regarding user option `org-remark-notes-file-path`, the GNU convention
is to call this a "file name" rather than a "path"; "path" is only used
for lists of directories as in `load-path` (pointed out by Stefan
Monnier; thank you).
To align with the GNU convention, the following changes are done.
Users should not have to change their existing customization as the old
names are aliased to the new ones.
- org-remark-notes-file-path -> org-remark-notes-file-name
- org-remark-source-path-function -> 'org-remark-source-file-name
- org-remark-notes-file-path-function ->
- org-remark-notes-get-file-path -> org-remark-notes-get-file-name
`org-remark-notes-file-path`, `org-remark-source-path-function`, and
`org-remark-notes-file-path-function` are used by existing
customization, thus both explicitly made obsolete and aliased to the
new file-name equivalents.
- fix: Relative file name of the source file in the notes file
The relative file name of the source was not relative from the
file but from the source file itself -- this should be relative from
- chg: `org-remark-global-tracking-mode' has been simplified.
This is not expected to break the user's workflow or configuration
-- simply removing a superfluous feature.
.org-remark-tracking file is no longer necessary and can be safely
deleted from the user's Emacs configuraiton directory if present.
Automatic activation of `org-remark-mode' is done by looking the
presence of a marginal notes file for current buffer open.
`org-remark-global-tracking-mode' itself is still relevant and
recommended to be setup as was previously in the user manual.
- add: Option to use relative links from the marginal notes back to the source
Adding user option org-remark-source-path-function. The default is
- add: Adding a new option to org-remark-notes-file-path to use a function
Its default function is org-remark-notes-file-path-function. It
returns a file name like this: "FILE-notes.org" by adding
"-notes.org" as a suffix to the file name without the extension.
- add: org-remark-delete
- rm: Adding Org-ID automatically to file level when file is empty
* Features & additions
- docs: comprehensive user manual (online - Info to be added on ELPA release)
- feat: org-remark-create macro to let users create their own custom pens
- feat: minor-mode menu for menu-bar-mode
This works as mouse context-menu for the new context-menu-mode (>=
- add: browse-next/prev: move and display next/prev marginal notes at the same
- add: view/open to display side-window by default (user option)
- add: org-remark-link property in marginal notes file with ::line-number
- feat: org-remark-legacy-convert as a separate feature
This is for automatically converting legacy Org-marginalia file to
- feat: Legacy data facility with org-remark-tracking
- chg: `remove' (and delete) only removes one highlight at a time instead of
remove all at point
- chg: Save marginal notes on `mark' instead of wainting for `save'
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [GNU ELPA] Org-Remark version 1.0.4,
ELPA update <=