[GNU ELPA] Tmr version 0.3.0

From: ELPA update
Subject: [GNU ELPA] Tmr version 0.3.0
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:02:58 -0400

Version 0.3.0 of package Tmr has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.

Tmr describes itself as:
  Set timers using a convenient notation

More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/tmr.html

Recent NEWS:

Table of Contents
─────────────────

1. Version 0.3.0 on 2022-05-17

1 Version 0.3.0 on 2022-05-17
═════════════════════════════

  The gist of TMR's May Release is that TMR is Maintained Rigorously—but
  enough with The Mostly Recursive acronyms!

  ⁃ This is the first version for which we produce a change log.  The
    short story of previous releases: I (Protesilaos) was using and
    developing TMR (pronounced as "timer" or "T-M-R") as part of my
    personal setup for more than a year until I eventually contributed
    it to GNU ELPA.

  ⁃ What was once `tmr.el' is now split up into purpose-specific files:
    `tmr.el' (core functionality), `tmr-tabulated.el' (grid view),
    `tmr-sound.el' (audible notifications), and `tmr-notification.el'
    (desktop notifications).

  ⁃ The `tmr-with-description' command creates a new timer while always
    asking for a description.  Whereas the standard `tmr' command
    prompts for a description only when invoked with a prefix argument.

  ⁃ The `tmr-clone' command copies the duration and optional description
    of an existing timer object into a new one.  The operation is
    performed without further questions, except if a prefix argument is
    supplied: in that case the command will prompt for a duration and,
    if the original timer had a description, for one as well.  The
    default values of these prompts are those of the original timer.

  ⁃ The `tmr-remove-finished' deletes all elapsed timers.  This means
    that they are removed from the list of available timers and, thus,
    cannot be cloned.

  ⁃ The `tmr-timer-created-functions', `tmr-timer-completed-functions',
    and `tmr-timer-cancelled-functions' are hooks which can be used to
    control what happens once a timer is (i) created, (ii) elapses, or
    (iii) is cancelled.

  ⁃ Elapsed and running timers are displayed in a grid view with the
    command `tmr-tabulated-view'.  The buffer looks like this:

    ┌────
    │ Start      End        Finished?  Description
    │ 09:22:43   09:32:43   ✔         Prepare tea
    │ 09:17:14   09:37:14              Boil water
    │ 09:07:03   09:57:03              Bake bread
    └────

  ⁃ In that grid view, it is possible to create a new timer, or operate
    on the one at point to cancel, clone, redescribe, and reschedule it.

  ⁃ Thanks to Christian Tietze for implementing changes to how desktop
    notifications are handled.  The overall effect should still be the
    same for existing users, though the implementation has been
    redesigned.

  ⁃ Thanks to Damien Cassou who is now is my co-author due to multiple
    contributions for `tmr.el', the addition of the grid view, and the
    splitting of TMR into numerous files.  Please consult the Git commit
    log for the details.  (I still am the maintainer.)

  ⁃ Christian and Damien have assigned copyright to the Free Software
    Foundation.  It is required for all packages distributed via GNU
    ELPA.

  The manual documents the technicalities and provides a sample
  configuration.  Either evaluate the form `(info "(tmr) Top")' if you
  have the package installed or visit
  <https://protesilaos.com/emacs/tmr>.