[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[GNU ELPA] Dtache version 0.7
[GNU ELPA] Dtache version 0.7
Sun, 22 May 2022 05:03:02 -0400
Version 0.7 of package Dtache has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
Dtache describes itself as:
A package to launch, and manage, dtache processes
More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/dtache.html
DTACHE.EL - CHANGELOG
Table of Contents
1. Version 0.7 (2022-05-21)
2. Version 0.6 (2022-05-01)
3. Version 0.5 (2022-02-02)
4. Version 0.4 (2022-01-22)
5. Version 0.3 (2022-01-15)
6. Version 0.2 (2021-12-23)
1 Version 0.7 (2022-05-21)
• Rename `dtache' to `detached.el' and migrate source code to
• Introduce `dtache-init.el' and move integration of other packages
there. The integration now becomes even simpler for users of
• Rewrite `dtache' to enable the package to lazy load and not force
users to load it when starting Emacs.
• Make completion of sessions adapt to the current dtache
sessions. All of the sessions will be used to determine an an
appropriate width for the command width as well as each individual
annotation. Format has updated in `dtache-annotation-format' and a
`dtache-command-format' has been added, this supersedes the
• Improvements to `dtache-env'. The package will now control which
mode `dtache-env' should be run in. The mode is either `plain-text'
or `terminal-data'. The latter is enabled by default and allows
`dtache' to capture control sequences for e.g. colored output. This
update will require users to update their `dtache-env' scripts.
• Add integration with `dired' through `dired-do-shell-command'
• Add option to show a session's output when attaching to a it. This
feature is enabled with `dtache-show-output-on-attach'.
2 Version 0.6 (2022-05-01)
• Eshell integration has been updated. The package now supports
expansion of `eshell' aliases. However `dtache' will no longer run
if commands are `elisp' functions.
• Example configuration for `dtache' integration with `vterm' added.
• The package now uses `ansi-color' to handle ANSI escape
sequences. This feature is enabled by default but can be turned of
if `dtache-filter-ansi-sequences' is set to nil.
3 Version 0.5 (2022-02-02)
• Add support for `org' through the `dtache-org' extension. This makes
it possible to use `dtache' with `org-babel' (shell) source code
• Support for multiple Emacs sessions. When a `dtache' session is
created, it will now become visible in all active Emacs sessions.
4 Version 0.4 (2022-01-22)
• `dtache' takes care of setting up the keybindings for its users. The
detach key can be customized through `dtache-detach-key'
• `dtache' now has full on macOS. The previous issue of not being able
to utilize `filenotify' has been resolved.
• `dtache' now uses `notifications' library to issue notifications by
• `dtache' now uses `filenotify' for notifications except on local
5 Version 0.3 (2022-01-15)
• `dtache' now uses `filenotify' for both local and remote
sessions. If run on `macOS' timers are used both for local as well
as remote sessions.
• Add version for `dtache-session' objects. This makes dtache not
break whenever non-backwards compatible changes are made to the
• The commands for launching sessions are now renamed to resemble the
non dtache commands. The commands are `dtache-shell-command',
• Add action value to a session. This value is set to
dtache-session-action which is a property list optionally specifying
attach, view and run properties. These properties are then used in
dwim commands to improve their functionality.
• Add a generic detach command, `dtache-detach-session'. This command
is supposed to be used to detach from sessions in all supported
• Add `dtache-compile.el'. This library provides commands
`dtache-compile' and `dtache-compile-recompile' which are supposed
to be used instead of `compile=/=recompile'.
• Improve `dtache-shell-command', the command is now very similar to
`async-shell-command' and can be considered a replacement of the
• Add integration with the `consult' package through
• Add support for `eshell' through the `dtache-eshell' package.
• macOS (monitor) support is added to the package.
6 Version 0.2 (2021-12-23)
• With the recent improvements to `dtache-open-session', the package
is ready to harmonize the user interface. This means deprecating
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [GNU ELPA] Dtache version 0.7,
ELPA update <=