[GNU-linux-libre] some adobe cmap files freed

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] some adobe cmap files freed
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 20:03:15 -0500

We note the problem with Adobe's CMap files on
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Software_blacklist.  There is some good news
in this regard; Ken Lunde from Adobe has made them available under a
permissive license.

The present release does not completely solve our problems.  Additional
files used by poppler and others, such as GBK-EUC-UCS2, remain
encumbered.  The good news there is that Ken and the Acrobat group that
"manages" them see no problems with freeing them as well, and perhaps it
will happen relatively soon.

The two most interesting messages IMHO below; the whole thread is on the
lists.tug.org/tex-live list if anyone cares.  I already told the GNU
Ghostscript maintainer.

Best,
Karl