Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Collaborative Documentation between distros

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Collaborative Documentation between distros
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:02:09 +0100

Abdur-Rahman Morgan schreef:
Good Day All!,

I am sending a first draft of a proposal that I took responsibility for
creating a "task list for students" to work on documentation that free
distros could collaborate on. When I attended the the FSFLA meeting last
week on IRC there was some discussion about this. As I said it is just a
draft and as I have been reviewing each distro site today and creating a
mindmap of each distros infrastructure, I imagine that I will have some
refinements to make and I already have tons of ideas about how this can
be implemented. The last suggestion for language support between us is
very important.

In an effort to collaborate efforts among Free Software Distributions,
the FSFLA has requested that a task list for University Students who
would participate in the process of refining documentation for free
software distributions.

Does this mean filling in the blanks in each distro's existing documentation or creating a new document for each distro starting from a common template?

Does it need input from distro maintainers? Is it the intention that the distros come up with a list of tasks or can those students find their own way around?

What age are we talking about? Could this fit in with the GNU Generation project [1]?

[1] http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/gnugeneration/