Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Packages under the artistic license

From: Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Packages under the artistic license
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:13:23 +0100

> Either way does someone have a volunteer whos got nothing to do?
> someone to approach upstreams and ask them to dual licence under _any_
> free licence would be great.

The first step would be to make a better list. I just did a first look,
so I've probably left packages behind. Also, some of the packages in
the list are already dual licensed, but the packager listed them wrong.

As an example: bioperl.org front page says:
"BioPerl is distributed under the Perl Artistic License. For more
information, see _licensing_BioPerl_."
But when you go to _licensing_BioPerl_, they say: "BioPerl is licensed
under the same terms as Perl itself, which means it is dually-licensed
under either the Artistic or GPL licenses."

The debian packager didn't go that deep, and I carried the mistake on.