Re: [blag-whereto] [GNU-linux-libre] Re: 100% Free Software T-shirt desi

From: jaromil
Subject: Re: [blag-whereto] [GNU-linux-libre] Re: 100% Free Software T-shirt design - [Fwd: Una?idea...]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:19:48 +0200

hi renilgh!

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 02:07:35PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Everything's cool as long as the blag-star is black!

lol!

> Another thing I've pointed out in the past and have to bring to
> attention again is that a t-shirt embracing the spirit of BLAG and
> therefore being embraced (and proudly worn) by the people of BLAG
> will not only be free in it's design but although ensure freedom and
> respect in all areas of creation.  This means ensuring fair wages
> for self-determined and unionized workers and a mode of production
> that respects people and there environment.

very good that you make this point!

in our case it's graffiti friends in Amsterdam we ask to do, for the
eco and the labour is good to keep production local!!! to transport
commands rather than data is more efficient!  ;)

and let me add more for a future thread: labour issues for those who
make the t-shirts but also for those who make the software!

with dyne.org we are looking for alternatives to "the marketing" way
to think and develop.. we don't have any solution now, so it is
important to share our experiences and learn from them.

have a look at this: http://www.artandwork.us/

it's mostly a us-centric analysis, still a good source of inspiration
to explore the condition of labour in the art market, somehow
comparable to that of digital artisans like us, all around the world.

FWIW and still in an early phase, we started this year detailing our
operations and progress in a way we can confront our different
situations and share wealth where is needed http://dyne.org/operations
http://dyne.org/progress

well ok sorry mates, this is all a bit off-topic now but i'd like to
talk to you sometimes :)

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F  5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39