Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Introducing ConnochaetOS

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Introducing ConnochaetOS
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:01:59 +0200

Hello Quiliro,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:11:52 -0500
Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> wrote:

> Even if you do your own separate project, Parabola is doing the same work as
> you

Not exactly. They are doing a "free Arch Linux" with Linux-Libre, but they
have the almost the same nearly bleeding-edge i686 optimized packages as Arch.
This is from what I can tell by a look at their repos.

Our goal, however, is quite different. We want to support i586 and
we want to have "stable" packages.

But you are right in the sense, that we can share knowledge, perhaps in form of
PKGBUILDs. We already did some work in this direction and would be happy to
share it
with the Parabola people.

Maybe it's my fault, but I wasn't able to find a link to their mailing list,
forum or
the like,  only the hint of an IRC channel - and I use IRC seldom. But maybe
one of
their maintainers is reading this list?

Kind regards,

Henry