Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Emulators

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Emulators
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:13:45 -0800 (PST)

More about emulators in general, since we've already determined this particular
one to have freedom-related problems.

> Apparently there are resources ([1], [2]) available to learn how to
> write your own game.

And if someone were to create one, or have a copy of one of those that Matt
mentioned where the author has allowed distribution & modification, shouldn't
there be a free software emulator out there to run it on?

Let me ask that question another way: Is it a good idea to make people use only
proprietary software for any task?