[GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze

From: Jason Self
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:56:07 -0800 (PST)

In light of Debian's recent announcement [1] I and others were interested in how
well the Debian folks cleaned up their kernel. I proceeded to grab the source
for the Squeeze kernel, ran the linux-libre deblobbing script on it, and then
diffed it against the original to see what had changed.

The full deblob log [2] & diff [3] is available to anyone that's interested in
knowing.

[1] http://www.debian.org/News/2010/20101215
[2] http://aws.bluehome.net/squeeze_kernel_deblog_log.txt
[3] http://aws.bluehome.net/squeeze_kernel_diff.txt