Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Not free complety software, why other support nonf

From: Rubén Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Not free complety software, why other support nonfree os and related? umm extrano e ilogico..
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:07:51 +0200

> I have been researching and viewing the list of software that is not
> free (vague and poorly made from Ubuntu the most obvious to the naked
> eye),

It was edited over 150 times on the last two years, with the help of 16
contributors. In any case, feel free to send your improvements.

> why that software compile and run most of them on windows and mac?

Because it is portable. Nothing related to the license.

> LibreOffice supports non-free formats!!!, and supports saving on
> them!!!, and its a great support too better in most cases!!!

Yeah, isn't it nice?

> I think that the list and policies that exclude software are
> extremely inflexible

Would you prefer them to be arbitrary?

, or rarely suitable for "someones"
> others .. *Libre office can support formats that are not free but
> firefox **can not do ii on **plugins? interesting !!!!! ohh well free
> hell yeah! for me or who?*

Formats are not programs, plugins are.

> Obviously, if windozers not used and download not reach/know them as
> software right?, so there is obviously a political/independient item
> here .. and smelling like convenience for relationship between
> developers and business negociates!!

Dunno what you are on about there.

> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
> Cofundador de Venenux;  debian based multimedia alike free only
> zealots users (oh well, i try but..too many free guidelines buahhh)
> http://shutendouji.net
> creador de massenkoh linux; debian enhanchements for better up to date
> support on stable brand, including non-free soft.

That is just sad.